Agenzia Fides REPORT-Archbishop Rouamba tells Fides of “a very positive meeting,” after participating in the Congress for the International Catholic Union of the Press held for the first time in Africa
"The meeting was very positive, as I was able to observe in talking to some journalists from my country who participated in it," Fides learned from Archbishop Séraphin François Rouamba, Archbishop of Koupéla and President of the Bishops' Conference of Burkina Faso and Niger, who attended the 22nd World Congress of the UCIP (International Catholic Union of the Press), which for the first time in 83 years after its Foundation was held in Africa. The 22nd World Congress was held September 14 to 19 in Ouagadougou, the capital of Burkina Faso. The event was attended by 300 representatives of 48 countries from all the continents.“The initiative to provide training for young journalists from the organization has been well-received," says Archbishop Rouamba.The Congress, which was officially opened by the President of Burkina Faso, Blaise Compare, was attended by former President of Ghana Jerry John Rawlings, UCIP Secretary-General Joseph Calstas-Chittilappily, Archbishop Claudio Maria Celli, President of the Pontifical Council for Social Communications, and Archbishop Séraphin François Rouamba. The main theme of the conference was: “The Media at the Service of Justice, Peace, and Good Governance in a world of Inequality and Poverty.” Among the topics discussed were: professionality and the culture of peace; Journalism at the service of peace, justice, and good governance; inter-religious conflicts and challenges to peace; ethnic-religious conflicts in Nigeria and the need for their solution; the role of media in spreading democracy; ethics and deontology for a journalism at the service of development; the Church and communication - ethics and Christian morality; the kind of communication for the Church in a world of crisis.
- Pope Francis tells Augustinians "Prayer and penance do not cease to be the cornerstones on which Christian witness is based..." Full Text
- Litany to the Holy Name of Mary and Powerful Prayers to Share honoring Mary with Indulgences
- Canadian Bishops Issue Catholic Voting Guide saying "The principles of respect for life from conception to natural death and of the dignity of the human person should influence how Christians..."
- Wow 1 Million at Mass with Pope Francis who says “As believers, we must stretch out our hands, as Jesus does with us”. Full Text Homily + Video
- #BreakingNews Massive Pro-Life March in Northern Ireland with 20,000 from all Religions defending Unborn Babies - Video
- Pope Francis says "...God's presence in the midst of his poor..." at "City of Friendship" built on Dumpsters with housing for 25,000 people Founded by his former Student
- #BreakingNews Crowds of Children and Students form Human Chain in Hong Kong in ongoing Protests - Watch Video
- Crowd of Nuns Full of Joy to meet Pope Francis who says with these little acts of love that “God saves the world” in Madagascar
- Quote to SHARE by St. Augustine “If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.”
- BE KIND and DONATE Today! It's now Easier - just CLICK this Link - to help Catholic News World - Reaching over 200 Countries!
- 1st Rosary Bowl in the Nation's Capital with 4 Bishops, many Priests, Religious Sisters and hundreds of Laity including Youth -
- US Bishops' Chairmen Call for Change in Language and Rhetoric of All Americans - Full Text
- Head of Polish Bishops' Conference warning of LGBT "Respect for specified individuals cannot, however, lead to the acceptance of an ideology..."
- #BreakingNews US Bishops call for "responsible gun laws" after 250th Mass Shooting - Full Text