Doctrine Of The Faith Congregation Names Archbishop Wuerl To Guide Bringing Anglican Groups Into Catholic Church In U.S.
WASHINGTON(September 23, 2010)—The Vatican Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) has named Archbishop Donald Wuerl of Washington to guide the incorporation of Anglican groups into the Catholic Church in the United States. In this position, he is a delegate of the congregation and heads the U.S. bishops’ ad hoc committee charged with assisting CDF in implementing the apostolic constitution Anglicanorum coetibus. Pope Benedict XVI issued the document in November 2009 to provide for establishing personal ordinariates for Anglican groups who seek to enter corporately into full communion with the Catholic Church. The personal ordinariate is a canonical structure similar to a diocese that covers the area of a bishops’ conference. This permits the incoming Anglicans to be part of the Catholic Church while maintaining aspects of their Anglican heritage and liturgical practice. Other members of the ad hoc committee are Bishop Kevin Vann of Fort Worth, Texas, and Bishop Robert McManus of Worcester, Massachusetts. The committee will be assisted by Father Scott Hurd, who was ordained an Episcopal priest in 1993, joined the Catholic Church in 1996, and was ordained a Catholic priest for the Archdiocese of Washington in 2000. Father Hurd will assist Archbishop Wuerl as staff to the ad hoc committee and a liaison to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB). Interested Anglicans are asked to contact Archbishop Wuerl through the Washington Archdiocese. The ad hoc committee has two tasks:
To facilitate the implementation of Anglicanorum coetibus in the United States
To assess the level of interest in such an ordinariate in the United States.
- Pope Francis tells Augustinians "Prayer and penance do not cease to be the cornerstones on which Christian witness is based..." Full Text
- Litany to the Holy Name of Mary and Powerful Prayers to Share honoring Mary with Indulgences
- Canadian Bishops Issue Catholic Voting Guide saying "The principles of respect for life from conception to natural death and of the dignity of the human person should influence how Christians..."
- Wow 1 Million at Mass with Pope Francis who says “As believers, we must stretch out our hands, as Jesus does with us”. Full Text Homily + Video
- #BreakingNews Massive Pro-Life March in Northern Ireland with 20,000 from all Religions defending Unborn Babies - Video
- Pope Francis says "...God's presence in the midst of his poor..." at "City of Friendship" built on Dumpsters with housing for 25,000 people Founded by his former Student
- #BreakingNews Crowds of Children and Students form Human Chain in Hong Kong in ongoing Protests - Watch Video
- Crowd of Nuns Full of Joy to meet Pope Francis who says with these little acts of love that “God saves the world” in Madagascar
- Quote to SHARE by St. Augustine “If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.”
- BE KIND and DONATE Today! It's now Easier - just CLICK this Link - to help Catholic News World - Reaching over 200 Countries!
- 1st Rosary Bowl in the Nation's Capital with 4 Bishops, many Priests, Religious Sisters and hundreds of Laity including Youth -
- US Bishops' Chairmen Call for Change in Language and Rhetoric of All Americans - Full Text
- Head of Polish Bishops' Conference warning of LGBT "Respect for specified individuals cannot, however, lead to the acceptance of an ideology..."
- #BreakingNews US Bishops call for "responsible gun laws" after 250th Mass Shooting - Full Text