- Pope Francis tells Augustinians "Prayer and penance do not cease to be the cornerstones on which Christian witness is based..." Full Text
- Litany to the Holy Name of Mary and Powerful Prayers to Share honoring Mary with Indulgences
- Canadian Bishops Issue Catholic Voting Guide saying "The principles of respect for life from conception to natural death and of the dignity of the human person should influence how Christians..."
- Wow 1 Million at Mass with Pope Francis who says “As believers, we must stretch out our hands, as Jesus does with us”. Full Text Homily + Video
- #BreakingNews Massive Pro-Life March in Northern Ireland with 20,000 from all Religions defending Unborn Babies - Video
- Pope Francis says "...God's presence in the midst of his poor..." at "City of Friendship" built on Dumpsters with housing for 25,000 people Founded by his former Student
- #BreakingNews Crowds of Children and Students form Human Chain in Hong Kong in ongoing Protests - Watch Video
- Crowd of Nuns Full of Joy to meet Pope Francis who says with these little acts of love that “God saves the world” in Madagascar
- Quote to SHARE by St. Augustine “If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.”
- BE KIND and DONATE Today! It's now Easier - just CLICK this Link - to help Catholic News World - Reaching over 200 Countries!
- 1st Rosary Bowl in the Nation's Capital with 4 Bishops, many Priests, Religious Sisters and hundreds of Laity including Youth -
- US Bishops' Chairmen Call for Change in Language and Rhetoric of All Americans - Full Text
- Head of Polish Bishops' Conference warning of LGBT "Respect for specified individuals cannot, however, lead to the acceptance of an ideology..."
- #BreakingNews US Bishops call for "responsible gun laws" after 250th Mass Shooting - Full Text
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
EUROPE: ENGLAND: NEW SHRINE TO OUR LADY OF THE TAPER
Independent Catholic news report: On Saturday, Pope Benedict XVI blessed the statue of Our Lady of the Taper from the National Shrine of Wales in Cardigan and, just 24 hours later the statue has been re-located to a side chapel in the main Church.The move has come about as a result of consultations between Bishop Thomas Burns of Menevia and the Shrine Rector, Father Jason Jones and will remain in the new location for a 12 month trial period. This move has enabled the tabernacle at Cardigan to be moved from its location on the right hand side of the Church to a central, back of sanctuary, traditional position.In time it is hoped to turn the original shrine building into a repository for the relics and historical documents relating to the medieval shrine dedicated to Our Lady of the Taper in Cardigan.