- Pope Francis tells Augustinians "Prayer and penance do not cease to be the cornerstones on which Christian witness is based..." Full Text
- Litany to the Holy Name of Mary and Powerful Prayers to Share honoring Mary with Indulgences
- Canadian Bishops Issue Catholic Voting Guide saying "The principles of respect for life from conception to natural death and of the dignity of the human person should influence how Christians..."
- Wow 1 Million at Mass with Pope Francis who says “As believers, we must stretch out our hands, as Jesus does with us”. Full Text Homily + Video
- #BreakingNews Massive Pro-Life March in Northern Ireland with 20,000 from all Religions defending Unborn Babies - Video
- Pope Francis says "...God's presence in the midst of his poor..." at "City of Friendship" built on Dumpsters with housing for 25,000 people Founded by his former Student
- #BreakingNews Crowds of Children and Students form Human Chain in Hong Kong in ongoing Protests - Watch Video
- Crowd of Nuns Full of Joy to meet Pope Francis who says with these little acts of love that “God saves the world” in Madagascar
- Quote to SHARE by St. Augustine “If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.”
- BE KIND and DONATE Today! It's now Easier - just CLICK this Link - to help Catholic News World - Reaching over 200 Countries!
- 1st Rosary Bowl in the Nation's Capital with 4 Bishops, many Priests, Religious Sisters and hundreds of Laity including Youth -
- US Bishops' Chairmen Call for Change in Language and Rhetoric of All Americans - Full Text
- Head of Polish Bishops' Conference warning of LGBT "Respect for specified individuals cannot, however, lead to the acceptance of an ideology..."
- #BreakingNews US Bishops call for "responsible gun laws" after 250th Mass Shooting - Full Text
Saturday, September 25, 2010
EUROPE: ENGLAND: PEACEBUILDERS ENTER UK FROM HOLY LAND
Ind. Cath. News report:
Two peacebuilders from the Middle East - one Jewish, one Muslim will be in the UK next month, sharing their stories of hope for peace and reconciliation, despite all the trauma experienced by people in the region.Sufi Sheikh Ghassan Manasra, spiritual teacher, peace negotiator, author and Islamic scholar, accompanied by his wife Laila, is speaking with Jewish musician and story-teller Hanna Jaffe, who performs internationally.The 'Stories 4 Peace' tour is organised and coordinated by Spirit of Peace, a UK charity. Ghassan and Hanna will be speaking in East Sussex, Oxford, Abingdon, Gloucester, Warwick, Worcester, Exeter, Westminster, Havant, London and Tunbridge Wells. Jane Ozanne, Director of Spirit of Peace said: “I am looking forward to hearing the wonderful story telling of Ghassan and Hanna. Their stories help us take a fresh look at peace and reconciliation in our own lives and communities". For more information see: http://www.spiritofpeace.co.uk/ www.stories4peace.org/index-private.htmlUK Tour Dates & Venues:Sunday 3 October: 2.30pm Mistletoe Barn, Hurst Green East Sussex. TN19 7PX (Booking required 01580 860063)Monday 4 October: 7.30pm The Ark Centre, Cromwell Road, Oxford OX4 3LNTuesday 5 October: 2pm St Ethelwold's 30 East Helen Street, Abingdon OX14 5EB (Booking required 01235 555486 )Thursday 7 October: 7pm The Civic Suite, Gloucester City Council, North Warehouse,The Docks, Gloucester. GL1 2EPSunday 10 October: 7.30pm The Dream Factory, Playbox Theatre, Shelley Avenue, Warwick. CV34 6LE (Booking required 01926 419555)Monday 11 October: 7pm St John's Parish Church Bromward Road Worcester WR2 5BSTuesday 12 October 7.30pm The Mint Methodist Church Fore Street Exeter. EX4 3ATWednesday 13 October: 3.30pm The Chapel, Methodist Central Hall, Westminster. SW1H 9NH (Booking required 07504 633 985)Thursday 14 October: 7.30pm United Reformed Church, Elm Lane, Havant. PO9 1PPSaturday 16 October 7.30pm Moishe House London, NW2 (for info email firstname.lastname@example.org )Sunday 17 October: 1pm The Camden Centre, Market Sq. Tunbridge Wells. TN1 2SW (Booking Required Pat Churchill email@example.com )