Agenzia Fides REPORT – With a solemn Mass on Sunday, 13 February, Bishop Antoine Ganye, new Archbishop of Cotonou, entrusted the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Divine Mercy in Allada to the pastoral care of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate Conception.
The Marian Centre in Allada, created in the diocesan Marian Shrine on 1 October 1997 by Archbishop Isidore de Souza, under the direction of Fr Alfonso Maria Bruno, lasted a decade, achieved exponential growth prior to the opening of the beautiful church with a bell tower, which occurred on 15 April 2007.
The then Archbishop Marcel Agboton, later reorganised the Sanctuary, where a community of priests and missionary men and women religious were living. He appointed a pastoral minister from the diocesan clergy of Cotonou. After an experiment lasting more than three years, Bishop Ganye wanted to return to the old form, entering into a canonical convention with the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate Conception. The religious institute also will celebrate his twenty-year presence in Benin on 13 December.
The Superior of the community of Allada, Father Michele Michele Iorio, was appointed rector of the Sanctuary. This gesture has been welcomed as a sign of ecclesial communion and effective cooperation between the diocese and the religious, as the Apostolic Visit of Pope Benedict XVI to Benin, planned for November approaches.
- Pope Francis tells Augustinians "Prayer and penance do not cease to be the cornerstones on which Christian witness is based..." Full Text
- Litany to the Holy Name of Mary and Powerful Prayers to Share honoring Mary with Indulgences
- Canadian Bishops Issue Catholic Voting Guide saying "The principles of respect for life from conception to natural death and of the dignity of the human person should influence how Christians..."
- Wow 1 Million at Mass with Pope Francis who says “As believers, we must stretch out our hands, as Jesus does with us”. Full Text Homily + Video
- #BreakingNews Massive Pro-Life March in Northern Ireland with 20,000 from all Religions defending Unborn Babies - Video
- Pope Francis says "...God's presence in the midst of his poor..." at "City of Friendship" built on Dumpsters with housing for 25,000 people Founded by his former Student
- #BreakingNews Crowds of Children and Students form Human Chain in Hong Kong in ongoing Protests - Watch Video
- Crowd of Nuns Full of Joy to meet Pope Francis who says with these little acts of love that “God saves the world” in Madagascar
- Quote to SHARE by St. Augustine “If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.”
- BE KIND and DONATE Today! It's now Easier - just CLICK this Link - to help Catholic News World - Reaching over 200 Countries!
- 1st Rosary Bowl in the Nation's Capital with 4 Bishops, many Priests, Religious Sisters and hundreds of Laity including Youth -
- US Bishops' Chairmen Call for Change in Language and Rhetoric of All Americans - Full Text
- Head of Polish Bishops' Conference warning of LGBT "Respect for specified individuals cannot, however, lead to the acceptance of an ideology..."
- #BreakingNews US Bishops call for "responsible gun laws" after 250th Mass Shooting - Full Text