Catholic News World
- Pope Francis LIVE Joins in Worldwide Prayers from Vatican with Urbi et Orbi Blessing to End the Coronavirus Pandemic - FULL Video
- #BreakingNews Public Holy Mass Suspended in Dioceses across USA - Online Mass and Spiritual Communion Prayers Recommended
- State of Emergency in Ontario - Forcing All Churches to Suspend Masses but Doors remain Open and Priests say Private Masses
- Entire Province of Quebec Cancels Weekend Masses due to Coronavirus but Churches Stay Open - Full Text
- Pope Francis permits Churches in Rome to be Open for Prayer reversing previous Decree
- Donate Today! SCROLL down to Read all the New Stories - Newspaper format - Donations are Welcome!
Sunday, May 27, 2012
EUROPE : 17 ORDAINED DEACONS IN ORDINARIATE
Our Lady of Walsingham
IND. CATH. NEWS REPORT;
Seventeen men were ordained Deacon on Saturday, 26 May at Westminster Cathedral for the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham. They were ordained by Bishop Alan Hopes, on behalf of Monsignor Keith Newton. In the coming days and weeks, they will be ordained to the Priesthood, usually in their local Diocese.
The large congregation included members of their respective Ordinariate Groups and former parishioners from their time as Anglicans. In the homily, Mgr Andrew Burnham pointed to the candidates' many years of priestly service and the energy, experience and wisdom which they bring to the Catholic Church.
The music included the Mass for five voices by Byrd and motets by Tallis and Victoria. The hymns 'Crown him with many crowns' and 'Lord enthroned in heavenly splendour' were sung with great zeal, as befits the Anglican patrimony, and Dubois' 'Toccata' for organ provided a joyous conclusion to the liturgy.
Mgr Newton thanked Canon Tuckwell, the Administrator, the staff, servers and choir of the cathedral for their help and support and Bishop Hopes for ordaining these new Deacons.
Full details of forthcoming ordinations are to be found in the Calendar: http://46117.bbnc.bbcust.com/page.aspx?pid=299&srctid=1&erid=3873&trid=67539190-6e90-4e39-a33c-01cda9ac5118 on the website which will be updated as more dates are fixed.