- Pope Francis says "This is how one becomes a true disciple of Jesus....: "Be merciful, as your Father is merciful" Full Text
- Happy Birthday JCE Catholic News World! 10 Year Anniversary of Catholic News reaching 200 Countries!
- Wow a Rosary Bowl to Fill the Nation with Prayer on August 21-25 in the Capital - Ottawa
- What is the Eucharist or Communion? 5 Points on the Eucharist to Share from the Bible and Catechism
- A Growing Community - St. Mother Teresa Syro-Malabar Catholic Church is Filled with Joy!
- New US Government Report Released on International Religious Freedom - Ambassador Brownback explains - Video
- #BreakingNews over 200,000 people at March for Life in Poland - Annual Pro-Life March in 130 Cities
- Wow Nearly 3 Million people at Uganda, Martyrs' Day in Africa - with Pilgrims from around the World!
Sunday, May 27, 2012
EUROPE : 17 ORDAINED DEACONS IN ORDINARIATE
Our Lady of Walsingham
IND. CATH. NEWS REPORT;
Seventeen men were ordained Deacon on Saturday, 26 May at Westminster Cathedral for the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham. They were ordained by Bishop Alan Hopes, on behalf of Monsignor Keith Newton. In the coming days and weeks, they will be ordained to the Priesthood, usually in their local Diocese.
The large congregation included members of their respective Ordinariate Groups and former parishioners from their time as Anglicans. In the homily, Mgr Andrew Burnham pointed to the candidates' many years of priestly service and the energy, experience and wisdom which they bring to the Catholic Church.
The music included the Mass for five voices by Byrd and motets by Tallis and Victoria. The hymns 'Crown him with many crowns' and 'Lord enthroned in heavenly splendour' were sung with great zeal, as befits the Anglican patrimony, and Dubois' 'Toccata' for organ provided a joyous conclusion to the liturgy.
Mgr Newton thanked Canon Tuckwell, the Administrator, the staff, servers and choir of the cathedral for their help and support and Bishop Hopes for ordaining these new Deacons.
Full details of forthcoming ordinations are to be found in the Calendar: http://46117.bbnc.bbcust.com/page.aspx?pid=299&srctid=1&erid=3873&trid=67539190-6e90-4e39-a33c-01cda9ac5118 on the website which will be updated as more dates are fixed.