RADIO VATICANA REPORT:
About thirty thousand
people attended Holy Mass in Saint Peter’s Square Saturday morning to
commemorate forty years since the founding of the Holy Spirit Renewal in Italy.
The Archbishop of Genoa and president of the Italian Episcopal Conference (CEI),
Cardinal Angelo Bagnasco, was the main celebrant. The celebration was
immediately followed by a special audience with Pope Benedict XVI, who addressed
the representatives of the Holy Spirit Renewal.
“In your pilgrimage,” the
Holy Father said, “where you have the opportunity to spend time in prayer before
the tomb of Saint Peter, may you reinvigorate your faith, grow in the Christian
witness, and confront without fear, and with the guidance of the Holy Spirit,
the challenging tasks of the new evangelization.”
“Dear friends of the
Holy Spirit Renewal! Never tire of turning towards heaven: the world is in need
of prayer. Be of service to those men and women who feel drawn towards Heaven in
their lives, giving praise to the Lord through a new way of life. And may you be
“I entrust each and every one of you,” he concluded,
“to the most Holy Mary, who was present at the Last Supper and the event of
Pentecost. Persevere with her in prayer, go forward guided by the light of the
Holy Spirit, living and proclaiming the announcement of Christ.”
Father concluded by imparting his Apostolic Blessing upon those who were present
and their families.
- Pope Francis tells Augustinians "Prayer and penance do not cease to be the cornerstones on which Christian witness is based..." Full Text
- Litany to the Holy Name of Mary and Powerful Prayers to Share honoring Mary with Indulgences
- Canadian Bishops Issue Catholic Voting Guide saying "The principles of respect for life from conception to natural death and of the dignity of the human person should influence how Christians..."
- Wow 1 Million at Mass with Pope Francis who says “As believers, we must stretch out our hands, as Jesus does with us”. Full Text Homily + Video
- #BreakingNews Massive Pro-Life March in Northern Ireland with 20,000 from all Religions defending Unborn Babies - Video
- Pope Francis says "...God's presence in the midst of his poor..." at "City of Friendship" built on Dumpsters with housing for 25,000 people Founded by his former Student
- #BreakingNews Crowds of Children and Students form Human Chain in Hong Kong in ongoing Protests - Watch Video
- Crowd of Nuns Full of Joy to meet Pope Francis who says with these little acts of love that “God saves the world” in Madagascar
- Quote to SHARE by St. Augustine “If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.”
- BE KIND and DONATE Today! It's now Easier - just CLICK this Link - to help Catholic News World - Reaching over 200 Countries!
- 1st Rosary Bowl in the Nation's Capital with 4 Bishops, many Priests, Religious Sisters and hundreds of Laity including Youth -
- US Bishops' Chairmen Call for Change in Language and Rhetoric of All Americans - Full Text
- Head of Polish Bishops' Conference warning of LGBT "Respect for specified individuals cannot, however, lead to the acceptance of an ideology..."
- #BreakingNews US Bishops call for "responsible gun laws" after 250th Mass Shooting - Full Text