Agenzia Fides REPORT- Thanks to the program called Llachay, which aims to give back the rights of street children and adolescents who live in situations at risk, 6,365 children throughout Peru will be taken care of until 2013.
The government initiative started from Lima and Iquitos where the problem is particularly serious. In 2013, the program will start in Arequipa, Ica, Cusco, Chincha, Abancay, Juliaca, Huanuco, Huancavelica, Pasco, Ayacucho, Moquegua and Tacna. The government, thanks to this initiative, aims to strengthen the commitment of parents in the education of their children and provide financial contributions to make it possible for families to start small activities that allow them to survive. In addition, if the children do not know where to go after school, there are reception centers where they can do their homework until their parents finish work. Llachay will offer sports scholarships and vocational formation, will distribute school kits, materials for starting small businesses, shelter homes, free legal assistance. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 28/11/2012)
Catholic News World
- Holy Mass Online - Readings and Video : Monday, May 25, 2020 - #Eucharist in Eastertide - Your Virtual Church
- Wow Former Doctor turned Dominican Seminarian Returns to Hospital to Work putting Priestly Studies on Hold
- Why is May the Month of Mary - Free Resources - FAQ about Blessed Mary to Share!
- Pope Francis writes Letter Encouraging Everyone to Pray the Rosary while "contemplating the face of Christ" Full Text with Special Prayers
- Novena to St. Joseph - Miracle Prayer for Work and other Special Prayers
- Wow Latest Statistics show Percentage of Catholics in the World has Grown to 1.329 Billion People Globally
- Donate Today! SCROLL down to Read all the New Stories - Newspaper format - Donations are Welcome!