SHARED FROM RUHR NACHRICHTEN DE - INTERNET TRANSLATION
- Pope Francis tells Augustinians "Prayer and penance do not cease to be the cornerstones on which Christian witness is based..." Full Text
- Litany to the Holy Name of Mary and Powerful Prayers to Share honoring Mary with Indulgences
- Canadian Bishops Issue Catholic Voting Guide saying "The principles of respect for life from conception to natural death and of the dignity of the human person should influence how Christians..."
- Wow 1 Million at Mass with Pope Francis who says “As believers, we must stretch out our hands, as Jesus does with us”. Full Text Homily + Video
- #BreakingNews Massive Pro-Life March in Northern Ireland with 20,000 from all Religions defending Unborn Babies - Video
- Pope Francis says "...God's presence in the midst of his poor..." at "City of Friendship" built on Dumpsters with housing for 25,000 people Founded by his former Student
- #BreakingNews Crowds of Children and Students form Human Chain in Hong Kong in ongoing Protests - Watch Video
- Crowd of Nuns Full of Joy to meet Pope Francis who says with these little acts of love that “God saves the world” in Madagascar
- Quote to SHARE by St. Augustine “If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.”
- BE KIND and DONATE Today! It's now Easier - just CLICK this Link - to help Catholic News World - Reaching over 200 Countries!
- 1st Rosary Bowl in the Nation's Capital with 4 Bishops, many Priests, Religious Sisters and hundreds of Laity including Youth -
- US Bishops' Chairmen Call for Change in Language and Rhetoric of All Americans - Full Text
- Head of Polish Bishops' Conference warning of LGBT "Respect for specified individuals cannot, however, lead to the acceptance of an ideology..."
- #BreakingNews US Bishops call for "responsible gun laws" after 250th Mass Shooting - Full Text
Thursday, December 27, 2012
EUROPE : GERMANY - CHRISTMAS MESSAGE FROM BISHOPS
RUHR NACHRICHTEN SHARE - In their Christmas sermons have the bishops on Tuesday addressed social problems and called for a self-confident Christian faith. Even on Christmas Eve both large churches had warned of an increasing division of society in Germany and called for solidarity with weaker.Archbishop Robert Zollitsch of Freiburg denounced on Christmas Day at the increasing violence in schools and football stadiums. One reason for this he looks in the entertainment media. "In a country where television stations even broadcast on Christmas hours action movie and brutal thriller, where snipers and gangster films dominate the festival of love and peace, many living rooms, should not that actually really surprised," said Chairman the German Catholic Bishops Conference in Freiburg.The Berlin Archbishop Rainer Maria Cardinal Woelki called for solidarity with persecuted Christians around the world."Christians today are the world's most discriminated and persecuted religious community. And be summoned in an age in which human rights and religious freedom so much, "Woelki said in his sermon. With great concern that he should look at the situation of Christians in many countries around the world - in Syria, Egypt, Nigeria, even in the Holy Land.Archbishop of Cologne, Cardinal Joachim Meisner, appealed to the self-esteem of Christians. At Christmas, the festival will celebrate the incarnation of God, Meisner said in his sermon. In Bethlehem, God has entered human history, man has become a household of citizens with the saints and God, Meisner of Cologne Cathedral quoted the Apostle Paul. Even the first Christians did this so fascinating that it "charges against the top trend of the time head led a politically incorrect way of life."The Bishop of Fulda, Heinz Josef Algermissen, warned to leave the depraved human dignity at the mercy of technology and "uncontrollable forces". "Preimplantation genetic diagnosis, blood tests for the detection of Down syndrome in unborn children and their selection as a consequence, but also easier ways to commit suicide reveal a lack of respect in terms of human dignity." Christians would have "in a Christmas consequence" press there massively as "troublemakers" wherever " the powers of death at work were "whether political, economic or military.The Bishop of Speyer, Karl-Heinz Wiesemann criticized the proposed law by the Federal Government on euthanasia in its current form. It lacked a clear rejection of the organized euthanasia Wiesemann said on Christmas Day in the cathedral of Speyer. "Even euthanasia organizations change their constitutions in order to pursue the new law met its goal can continue. What people need but is assisted in life, not participation in the dying. "Man is not the master of life and death, warned the Catholic Bishops.