- Pope Francis says "This is how one becomes a true disciple of Jesus....: "Be merciful, as your Father is merciful" Full Text
- Happy Birthday JCE Catholic News World! 10 Year Anniversary of Catholic News reaching 200 Countries!
- Wow a Rosary Bowl to Fill the Nation with Prayer on August 21-25 in the Capital - Ottawa
- What is the Eucharist or Communion? 5 Points on the Eucharist to Share from the Bible and Catechism
- A Growing Community - St. Mother Teresa Syro-Malabar Catholic Church is Filled with Joy!
- New US Government Report Released on International Religious Freedom - Ambassador Brownback explains - Video
- #BreakingNews over 200,000 people at March for Life in Poland - Annual Pro-Life March in 130 Cities
- Wow Nearly 3 Million people at Uganda, Martyrs' Day in Africa - with Pilgrims from around the World!
Thursday, December 20, 2012
OCEANIA : CYCLONE EVAN : CAUSES MANY DEATHS AND MUCH DAMAGE
Agenzia Fides REPORT - Cyclone Evan has caused deaths, destruction and damage to the infrastructure in the South Pacific. From what emerges in a statement of the Salesian community in Samoa, the archipelago was hit by the cyclone between 13 and 14 December. There is no electricity almost everywhere and the damage to the power supply is widespread. There is also very little water and water services will not be restored until at least 2 weeks. The worst situation regards crops, especially bananas and breadfruit. Farmers were able to save part of the crop, but since the majority of the population counts on agriculture for their livelihood as well as on fishing, their greatest fear is for the next few months, when they will run out of stocks. 25% of Samoans are already living in poverty and, as a result of the cyclone, the situation will worsen since in the country there will be a further increase in prices. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 20/12/2012)