Luke 2: 22 - 35
|22||And when the time came for their purification according to the law of Moses, they brought him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord|
|23||(as it is written in the law of the Lord, "Every male that opens the womb shall be called holy to the Lord")|
|24||and to offer a sacrifice according to what is said in the law of the Lord, "a pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons."|
|25||Now there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon, and this man was righteous and devout, looking for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.|
|26||And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he should not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ.|
|27||And inspired by the Spirit he came into the temple; and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him according to the custom of the law,|
|28||he took him up in his arms and blessed God and said,|
|29||"Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word;|
|30||for mine eyes have seen thy salvation|
|31||which thou hast prepared in the presence of all peoples,|
|32||a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to thy people Israel."|
|33||And his father and his mother marveled at what was said about him;|
|34||and Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, "Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against|
|35||(and a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that thoughts out of many hearts may be revealed."|
- Pope Francis says "This is how one becomes a true disciple of Jesus....: "Be merciful, as your Father is merciful" Full Text
- Happy Birthday JCE Catholic News World! 10 Year Anniversary of Catholic News reaching 200 Countries!
- Wow a Rosary Bowl to Fill the Nation with Prayer on August 21-25 in the Capital - Ottawa
- What is the Eucharist or Communion? 5 Points on the Eucharist to Share from the Bible and Catechism
- A Growing Community - St. Mother Teresa Syro-Malabar Catholic Church is Filled with Joy!
- New US Government Report Released on International Religious Freedom - Ambassador Brownback explains - Video
- #BreakingNews over 200,000 people at March for Life in Poland - Annual Pro-Life March in 130 Cities
- Wow Nearly 3 Million people at Uganda, Martyrs' Day in Africa - with Pilgrims from around the World!