Agenzia Fides REPORT - The Holy Father Francis on 24 May 2013, erected the new diocese of Dolisie (Republic of Congo), with territory taken from the diocese of Nkayi, making it a suffragan of the Archdiocese of Brazzaville, and appointed Rev. Bienvenu Manamika Bafouakouahou, Vicar General of the Diocese of Kinkala as the first Bishop of Dolisie.
Rev. Bienvenu Manamika Bafouakouahou was born in Brazzaville on 16 October 1964. He comes from the village of Pool, not far from Kinkala. He was ordained a priest on August 29, 1993 for the Diocese of Kinkala.
After ordination he held the following positions: 1993-1995: Spiritual Director at the Minor Seminary of the Diocese of Kinkala, in Mindouli, and Cooperator in the Parish of Martyrs in Mindouli; 1995-2000: studies in Canon Law at the University of Salamanca and Cooperator in the Parish of St. Mary Mediatrix (1998-1999); 2000-2003: Pastor of the Parish of Paray (France); 2004-2009: Pastor of the Cathedral of Kinkala; since 2004: Vicar General of the Diocese of Kinkala, Episcopal Delegate for the diocesan Caritas and Coordinator of the College of St. Augustine in Kinkala. (L.M.)
- Pope Francis tells Augustinians "Prayer and penance do not cease to be the cornerstones on which Christian witness is based..." Full Text
- Litany to the Holy Name of Mary and Powerful Prayers to Share honoring Mary with Indulgences
- Canadian Bishops Issue Catholic Voting Guide saying "The principles of respect for life from conception to natural death and of the dignity of the human person should influence how Christians..."
- Wow 1 Million at Mass with Pope Francis who says “As believers, we must stretch out our hands, as Jesus does with us”. Full Text Homily + Video
- #BreakingNews Massive Pro-Life March in Northern Ireland with 20,000 from all Religions defending Unborn Babies - Video
- Pope Francis says "...God's presence in the midst of his poor..." at "City of Friendship" built on Dumpsters with housing for 25,000 people Founded by his former Student
- #BreakingNews Crowds of Children and Students form Human Chain in Hong Kong in ongoing Protests - Watch Video
- Crowd of Nuns Full of Joy to meet Pope Francis who says with these little acts of love that “God saves the world” in Madagascar
- Quote to SHARE by St. Augustine “If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.”
- BE KIND and DONATE Today! It's now Easier - just CLICK this Link - to help Catholic News World - Reaching over 200 Countries!
- 1st Rosary Bowl in the Nation's Capital with 4 Bishops, many Priests, Religious Sisters and hundreds of Laity including Youth -
- US Bishops' Chairmen Call for Change in Language and Rhetoric of All Americans - Full Text
- Head of Polish Bishops' Conference warning of LGBT "Respect for specified individuals cannot, however, lead to the acceptance of an ideology..."
- #BreakingNews US Bishops call for "responsible gun laws" after 250th Mass Shooting - Full Text