ASIA NEWS REPORT
The attack took place in the Bab Tuma borough, in Old Damascus. The suicide bomber mingled with a group of people queuing for food and other basic necessities handed out by a religious charity. No final figure for the dead and wounded is available.
Damascus (AsiaNews) - A suicide bomber blew himself up in front of the Greek Orthodox cathedral in Bab Tuma, in central Damascus.
Four people were killed and eight more wounded, Syria's state news agency and the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported. So far, no group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
The attacker mingled with a group of people queuing outside a religious building for food and medical care provided by the religious. According to witnesses, the blast damaged a large section of the building.
One of the oldest churches in the capital, the cathedral in Bab Tuma is the seat of the Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch.
SHARED FROM ASIA NEWS IT
- Pope Francis tells Augustinians "Prayer and penance do not cease to be the cornerstones on which Christian witness is based..." Full Text
- Litany to the Holy Name of Mary and Powerful Prayers to Share honoring Mary with Indulgences
- Canadian Bishops Issue Catholic Voting Guide saying "The principles of respect for life from conception to natural death and of the dignity of the human person should influence how Christians..."
- Wow 1 Million at Mass with Pope Francis who says “As believers, we must stretch out our hands, as Jesus does with us”. Full Text Homily + Video
- #BreakingNews Massive Pro-Life March in Northern Ireland with 20,000 from all Religions defending Unborn Babies - Video
- Pope Francis says "...God's presence in the midst of his poor..." at "City of Friendship" built on Dumpsters with housing for 25,000 people Founded by his former Student
- #BreakingNews Crowds of Children and Students form Human Chain in Hong Kong in ongoing Protests - Watch Video
- Crowd of Nuns Full of Joy to meet Pope Francis who says with these little acts of love that “God saves the world” in Madagascar
- Quote to SHARE by St. Augustine “If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.”
- BE KIND and DONATE Today! It's now Easier - just CLICK this Link - to help Catholic News World - Reaching over 200 Countries!
- 1st Rosary Bowl in the Nation's Capital with 4 Bishops, many Priests, Religious Sisters and hundreds of Laity including Youth -
- US Bishops' Chairmen Call for Change in Language and Rhetoric of All Americans - Full Text
- Head of Polish Bishops' Conference warning of LGBT "Respect for specified individuals cannot, however, lead to the acceptance of an ideology..."
- #BreakingNews US Bishops call for "responsible gun laws" after 250th Mass Shooting - Full Text