- Queenship of Mary in Ottawa at Mass in Blessed Sacrament Parish with Archbishop Prendergast and Newly professed Sisters
- 1st Rosary Bowl in the Nation's Capital with 4 Bishops, many Priests, Religious Sisters and hundreds of Laity including Youth -
- Watch Archbishop holds Adoration in Notre Dame Cathedral and Catholic Priests pray with Laity outside during Satanic Mass - Video
- US Bishops' Chairmen Call for Change in Language and Rhetoric of All Americans - Full Text
- Head of Polish Bishops' Conference warning of LGBT "Respect for specified individuals cannot, however, lead to the acceptance of an ideology..."
- Breaking : Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin Signs 4 Enacted Pro-Life Bills - Protecting Babies with Heartbeats
- Be Kind - Donate Today! It's now Easier - just CLICK this Link - to help Catholic News World - Reaching over 200 Countries!
- Wow Knights of Columbus hold 137th Annual Convention - Reports $185.7 Million Donated to Charities
- US Fellowship of Catholic Scholars Conference in Canada - Register for Goodness, Truth and Beauty ... and the Encounter With Evil
- Wow ESPN story on Basketball Star Shelly Pennefather who left $200K contract to be a Cloistered Nun
- #BreakingNews US Bishops call for "responsible gun laws" after 250th Mass Shooting - Full Text
Sunday, February 23, 2014
UKRAINE protests end - situation is stable - former President is missing
Ukrained, EuroMaidan protests started on Nov. 21, and lasted until Feb. 21, 2014. After 93 days almost 100 people were killed and thousands were injured. They started when President Viktor Yanukovych rejected a trade agreement with the European Union. However, now Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko has been released from prison. Oleksandr Turchynov, the opposition leader, is now appointed as parliament speaker and acting prime minister. Viktor Yanukovych had agreed to resign as president but then recanted his resignation statement. The President abandoned his duties and his location is unknown. Therefore, parliament impeached him for leaving his post and set early presidential elections at May 25. Parliament voted 328-0 to impeach Yanukovych on Feb. 22, 2014. They accused him of human rights violations and abandonment of his duties.