Vatican City, (VIS) – Today the programme of Pope Francis' apostolic trip to Korea ( ), to attend the 6th Asian Youth Day, was published.
The Pope will depart on from Rome's Fiumicino airport and will arrive in Seoul at 14. After celebrating Holy Mass in private at the apostolic nunciature, he will make a courtesy visit to the president of the Republic and will meet with the political authorities, whom he will address at the Blue House. The first day will conclude with a meeting with the bishops of Korea at the offices of the Episcopal Conference.
15, Solemnity of the Assumption, the Pope will transfer by helicopter to Daejeon where he will celebrate Mass in the World Cup Stadium. He will then lunch with some young people in the major seminary and from there will proceed by helicopter to the shrine of Solmoe to meet with the young of Asia, returning to Seoul in the late afternoon.
16, he will visit the shrine of the Martyrs of Seo So Mun and at he will celebrate Mass for the beatification of Paul Yun Ji-Chung and 123 companion martyrs at the Gwanghwamun Gate in Seoul. Following the ceremony he will transfer, again by helicopter, to Kkottongnae, where he will visit the House of Hope, a rehabilitation centre for the disabled. Shortly after he will meet with the religious communities of Korea in the “School of Love” Training Centre. At he will meet with leaders of the apostolic laity at the Spirituality Centre, before returning to Seoul around
17, the Pope will meet with the bishops of Asia in the shrine of Haemi. After lunching with the prelates, Francis will celebrate Holy Mass at to mark the closing of the 6th Asian Youth Day in the castle of Haemi, from where he will fly to Seoul.
On , the Holy Father will spend his final day in Korea meeting with religious leaders in the building of the old Curia of the Archdiocese of Seoul. At he will celebrate Mass for peace and reconciliation in the cathedral of Myeong-dong, at there will be a farewell ceremony at the Seoul air base, and finally at he will depart. He is expected to arrive at Rome's Ciampino airport at around
|OTHER PONTIFICAL ACTS|
Vatican City, (VIS) – The Holy Father has:
- appointed Bishop Philippe Mousset of Pamiers, France, as bishop of Perigueux (area 9,060, population 412,082, Catholics 355,900, priests 91, permanent deacons 9, religious 184), France. He succeeds Bishop Michel Mouisse, whose resignation from the pastoral care of the same diocese, upon having reached the age limit, was accepted by the Holy Father.
- appointed Bishop Segundo Rene Coba Galarza, auxiliary of Quito, Ecuador, as military ordinary of Ecuador (priests 60, religious 10). He succeeds Bishop Miguel Angel Aguilar Miranda, whose resignation from the pastoral care of the same military ordinariate, upon having reached the age limit, was accepted by the Holy Father.
- appointed Msgr. Luis Gabriel Ramirez Diaz, as bishop of El Banco (area 12,535, population 484,000, Catholics 449,000, priests 20, religious 16), Colombia. The bishop-elect, currently apostolic administrator of the same diocese, was born in Margarita, Colombia in 1965 and was ordained a priest in 1993. He has served in a number of pastoral roles, including priest of the parish of “San Pedro martir de Verona”, administrator of the parish of “La Inmaculada Concepcion” in Remolino, vocational promoter, formator and rector of the “San Jose” major seminary of the diocese of Santa Marta, priest of the parish of “San Sebastian”, delegate for priestly pastoral in the diocese of El Banco, priest of the parish of “La Inmaculada Concepcion” in Plato, and vicar general of El Banco.
- Pope Francis says "This is how one becomes a true disciple of Jesus....: "Be merciful, as your Father is merciful" Full Text
- Happy Birthday JCE Catholic News World! 10 Year Anniversary of Catholic News reaching 200 Countries!
- Wow a Rosary Bowl to Fill the Nation with Prayer on August 21-25 in the Capital - Ottawa
- What is the Eucharist or Communion? 5 Points on the Eucharist to Share from the Bible and Catechism
- A Growing Community - St. Mother Teresa Syro-Malabar Catholic Church is Filled with Joy!
- New US Government Report Released on International Religious Freedom - Ambassador Brownback explains - Video
- #BreakingNews over 200,000 people at March for Life in Poland - Annual Pro-Life March in 130 Cities
- Wow Nearly 3 Million people at Uganda, Martyrs' Day in Africa - with Pilgrims from around the World!