- Pope Francis says "This is how one becomes a true disciple of Jesus....: "Be merciful, as your Father is merciful" Full Text
- Happy Birthday JCE Catholic News World! 10 Year Anniversary of Catholic News reaching 200 Countries!
- Wow a Rosary Bowl to Fill the Nation with Prayer on August 21-25 in the Capital - Ottawa
- What is the Eucharist or Communion? 5 Points on the Eucharist to Share from the Bible and Catechism
- A Growing Community - St. Mother Teresa Syro-Malabar Catholic Church is Filled with Joy!
- New US Government Report Released on International Religious Freedom - Ambassador Brownback explains - Video
- #BreakingNews over 200,000 people at March for Life in Poland - Annual Pro-Life March in 130 Cities
- Wow Nearly 3 Million people at Uganda, Martyrs' Day in Africa - with Pilgrims from around the World!
Sunday, June 29, 2014
SHARE - Official Prayer for Solemnity of St. Peter and St. Paul - Plenary Indulgence
Pope Pius VI., by a Rescript of July 28, 1778, issued through the Segretaria of the memorials, granted -
i. An indulgence of 100 days to all the faithful who, being contrite, shall say at least once a day the following prayer, with one Pater, Ave, and Gloria, in honour of the blessed Apostles Peter and Paul.
ii. A plenary indulgence, on all Feasts of SS. Peter and Paul, provided that, after Confession and Communion, they shall on such feast-day itself, or one of the nine days preceding it, or eight days following it, visit a church or altar dedicated to those Saints, saying there the following prayer, and remembering the Holy Church and its Sovereign Pontiff.
O blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, I, NN., elect you this day for my special protectors and advocates with God. In all humility I rejoice with thee, blessed Peter, Prince of the Apostles, because thou art the rock whereon God hath built his Church; and I rejoice with thee too, blessed Paul, because thou wast chosen of God for a Vessel of election, and a preacher of the truth throughout the world. Obtain for me, I beseech you both, a lively faith, firm hope, and perfect charity, entire detachment from myself, contempt of the world, patience in adversity, humility in prosperity, attention in prayer, purity of heart, right intention in my works, diligence in the fulfilment of all the duties of my state of life, constancy in my good resolutions, resignation to the holy will of God, perseverance in Divine grace unto death; that, having overcome by your joint intercession and your glorious merits, the temptations of the world, the flesh, and the devil, I may be made worthy to appear before the face of the chief and eternal Bishop of Souls, Jesus Christ our Lord, to enjoy Him and to love Him for all eternity, who with the Father and the Holy Ghost liveth and reigneth ever world without end. Amen.
Pater, Ave, and Gloria
or 1 Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be