|- CARDINALS LANGLOIS AND BASSETTI TAKE POSSESSION OF THEIR TITULAR CHURCHES|
|- OTHER PONTIFICAL ACTS|
|- IN MEMORIAM|
|CARDINALS LANGLOIS AND BASSETTI TAKE POSSESSION OF THEIR TITULAR CHURCHES|
Vatican City, 3 June 2014 (VIS) – The Office of Liturgical Celebrations of the Supreme Pontiff today announced that on , Cardinal Chibly Langlois, bishop of Les Cayes, Haiti, will take possession of the title of San Giacomo in Augusta (Via del Corso, 499), and on , Cardinal Gualtiero Bassetti, archbishop of Perugia-Citta della Pieve, Italy, will take possession of the title of Santa Cecilia (Piazza di Santa Cecilia, 22).
For More Breaking News, Novena Prayers, and Free Catholic Movies LIKE http://fb.com/catholicnewsworld
|OTHER PONTIFICAL ACTS|
Vatican City, 3 June 2014 (VIS) – The Holy Father has:
- accepted the resignation from the pastoral care of the archdiocese of Pontianak (area 39,840, population 726,000, Catholics 570,368, priests 90, religious 526), Indonesia, presented by Archbishop Hieronymus Herculanus Bumbun, O.F.M. Cap., upon reaching the age limit, and appointed Bishop Augustinius Agus of Sintang, Indonesa as metropolitan archbishop of the same archdiocese.
- appointed Fr. Antonius Subianto Bunyamin, O.S.C., as bishop of Bandung (area 23,447, population 29,000,000, Catholics 90,000, priests 100, religious 145), Indonesia. The bishop-elect was born in Bandung, Indonesia in 1968 and was ordained a priest in 1996. He holds a licentiate in philosophy from the Catholic University of Lovanio, Belgium, and a degree in philosophy from the Pontifical Lateran University, Rome. He has served in the following pastoral and academic roles: lecturer in philosophy at the Catholic University of Bandung; vice provincial O.S.C. of Bandung; executive director of the Holy Cross Foundation for Catholic school in Bandung; president of the managing board of the Parahyangan Foundation; secretary of the Marga Asah Talenta foundation, and president of the legal institute of Parahyangan University. He is currently provincial prior O.S.C. of Bandung.
- appointed Msgr. Nazzareno Marconi as bishop of the diocese of Macerata-Tolentino-Recanati-
- appointed Fr. Daniel Patrick Y. Parcon as bishop of Talibon (area 2,243, population 737,938, Catholics 677,309, priests 76, religious 52), Philippines. The bishop-elect was born in Vallehermoso, Philippines in 1962 and was ordained a priest in 1994. He holds Masters degrees from the St. Rita College, San Carlos City, Philippines, and the Fordham University, New York City, U.S.A. He has held a number of pastoral roles, including: spiritual director and dean of studies at the St. John Mary philosophy seminary in San Carlos City, parish administrator of the Ascension Church, Hurricane, West Virginia, U.S.A., parish administrator of the Immaculate Conception Church, Liberty, Texas, U.S.A., and parish vicar at the Blessed Sacrament Church, Valley Stream, New York. He is currently rector of the St. John Mary philosophy seminary of San Carlos City and head of the Marriage and Family Life Apostolate in the diocese of San Carlos. He succeeds Bishop Christian Vicente F. Noel, whose resignation upon reaching the age limit was accepted by the Holy Father.
Vatican City, 3 June 2014 (VIS) – The following prelates died in recent weeks:
- Bishop Livio Maritano, emeritus of Acqui, Italy on 6 May at the age of 88.
- Bishop Homero Leite Meira, emeritus of Irece, Baia, Brazil on 8 May at the age of 82.
- Bishop Gerard Drainville, emeritus of Amos, Quebec, Canada, on 11 May at the age of 84.
- Bishop Celso Pereira de Almeida, O.P. emeritus of Itumbiara, Goias, Brazil, on 11 May at the age of 86.
- Cardinal Marco Ce, patriarch emeritus of Venice, Italy, on 12 May at the age of 88.
- Bishop Ruben T. Profugo, emeritus of Lucena, Philippines, on 12 May at the age of 76.
- Archbishop Altamiro Rossato, C.SS.R, emeritus of Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil on at the age of 88.
- Archbishop Eurico Dias Nogueira, emeritus of Braga, Portugal on 19 May, at the age of 91.
- Bishop Paul-Emile Charbonneau, emeritus of Hull, Quebec, Canada, on 21 May, at the age of 92.
- Bishop Elmer Osmar Ramon Miani, emeritus of Catamarca, Argentina, on 25 May at the age of 81.
- Bishop Heinrich Fasching, auxiliary emeritus of Sankt Polten, Austria, on 1 June at the age of 85.
- Cardinal Duraisamy Simon Lourdusamy, prefect emeritus of the Congregqation for the Oriental Churches on 2 June at the age of 90.