Catholic News World
- Pope Francis says "As we begin the New Year, may we discover anew that faith demands worship...Worship means putting the Lord at the centre..." at Epiphany Mass - Full Text
- Happy New Year! 10 Easy Ways to make 2020 Peaceful! - Share and Change the World!
- Thousands of University Students in Phoenix learn Evangelization from FOCUS with Nuncio, a Cardinal, Matt Maher and more! - Video
- US Bishops' President Archbishop José H. Gomez says "We pray for peace in our hearts and peace in our world. We pray for the conversion of every heart that hates..." Full Text
- SCROLL down to Read all the New Stories - Newspaper format - Donations are Welcome!
Monday, July 10, 2017
Sts. Rufina and Secunda
Feast: July 10Roman martyrs known in the apocryphal Acts, which recount their martyrdoms. According to the Acta, they were Roman sisters, the daughters of a Roman senator. Their fiances gave up the Christian faith, however Rufina and Secunda would not deny Christ. Thus, both were arrested and beheaded during the persecutions of Emperor Valerian (r. 253-260). They were buried on the Via Aurelia, at the Santa Rufina.