Catholic News World
- Wow Latest Statistics show Percentage of Catholics in the World has Grown to 1.329 Billion People Globally
- Quote to SHARE by St. John Paul II - "Where, if not in the Divine Mercy, can the World find Refuge and the Light of Hope?" #JP2
- Pope Francis LIVE Joins in Worldwide Prayers from Vatican with Urbi et Orbi Blessing to End the Coronavirus Pandemic - FULL Video
- Online More than Ever! - You Need a Prayer before Using the Internet - Remember to Pray for Protection before you go Online!
- Pope Francis permits Churches in Rome to be Open for Prayer reversing previous Decree
- Donate Today! SCROLL down to Read all the New Stories - Newspaper format - Donations are Welcome!
Friday, December 22, 2017
Pope Francis receives the New US Ambassador to the Holy See - Mrs. Callista Gingrich who was appointed by Pres. Trump
The new U.S. Ambassador to the Holy See, Callista L. Gingrich, presented her credential letters to Pope Francis on Friday morning.
The ceremony took place in the Vatican’s Apostolic Palace. Her main responsibility as Ambassador will be to serve as the liaison between the Holy See and the U.S. Government. Ms. Gingrich was nominated to the post by U.S. President Donald Trump in May and confirmed by the Senate on 16 October.
A communiqué released by the U.S. Embassy to the Holy See provides a brief biography: Ambassador-Designate Gingrich is the former President and CEO of Gingrich Productions, a multimedia production and consulting company in Arlington, Virginia. She is the author of the “Ellis the Elephant” children’s American history series and co-author of “Rediscovering God in America.” Ms. Gingrich is also the producer of several historical documentary films. She has sung for two decades with the Choir of the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. Previously, Ms. Gingrich served as a congressional aide in the U.S. House of Representatives and as the President of The Gingrich Foundation, which supports charitable causes.