Tashkent (AsiaNews / Agencies) - "The tragedy in Aktobe indicates many things, including the fact that we still have a lot to do for our people. People must look for a job in other countries, because we have not created any possibility for them ". This is how Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev comments on the death of 52 Uzbek citizens in a bus explosion on January 18.
The Uzbek head of state prayed yesterday for the victims at the Khakimi at-Termez mausoleum (see photo 2). Prayers of condolences were held in all the mosques of the predominantly Muslim country.
The "Ikarus" bus caught fire on the 1,068 kilometer of the Samara-Shymkent road in the Irgiz district. On board there were two drivers and 55 passengers, almost all - with the exception of two Kazakh citizens - of Uzbek citizenship. Of the people on board, only five managed to save themselves. At the moment, investigations are still under way, but a malicious origin of the fire has been excluded.
Yesterday morning, the plane of the Uzbek Ministry for Emergency situations left the region of Aktobe carrying the 52 bodies, 30 have already been identified. Shukhrat Teshaboyev, Uzbek consul in Kazakhstan, adds that the bodies still lacking in identity will be subjected to DNA tests in Uzbekistan.
- Powerful Novena to the Most Holy Trinity with Litany and Chaplet Prayers to Share!
- What is the Holy Trinity - 10 Points you Need to Know about the Trinity from the Catechism, Bible and History
- Dear Reader your Kind Assistance is Needed - Please consider any Donation we Need you Help!
- #BreakingNews over 200,000 people at March for Life in Poland - Annual Pro-Life March in 130 Cities
- Pope Francis at Pentecost Mass says " Holy Spirit, our harmony,...infuse your peace in the Church and in the world." Full Text Homily
- Top Hymns to the Holy Spirit for Pentecost to Share - Wow Breathtaking Music
- #BreakingNews Join Religious Freedom Week - Free Resources for Churches from US Bishops - Full Text
- Wow Nearly 3 Million people at Uganda, Martyrs' Day in Africa - with Pilgrims from around the World!
- #BreakingNews Christians are undergoing a Genocide as Revealed in New report by BBC
Saturday, January 20, 2018
#BreakingNews 52 Killed in Bus Fire in Uzbekistan - Please Pray
ASIA NEWS IT REPORT: The victims were all Uzbeks. Yesterday, the repatriation of bodies. 30 of them have already been identified. "We still have a lot to do for our people" forced to look for work abroad.