The Solemnity of Mary Mother of God is celebrated on January 1st and is a Holy Day of Obligation; meaning Catholics must attend Mass. The Solemnity falls exactly one week after Christmas, the end of the octave of Christmas. It is fitting to honor Mary as Mother of Jesus, at this time, following the birth of Christ. When we celebrate the Solemnity of Mary Mother of God ,we are not only honoring Mary, who was chosen among all women throughout history to bear God incarnate, but we are also honoring our Lord, who is fully God and fully human. Calling Mary "mother of God" is the highest honor we can give Mary. Just as Christmas honors Jesus as the "Prince of Peace," the Solemnity of Mary Mother of God honors Mary as the "Queen of Peace" The Solemnity of Mary Mother of God, falling on New Year's Day, is also designated the World Day of Peace. Text from 365Rosaries
- Pope Francis says "This is how one becomes a true disciple of Jesus....: "Be merciful, as your Father is merciful" Full Text
- Happy Birthday JCE Catholic News World! 10 Year Anniversary of Catholic News reaching 200 Countries!
- Wow a Rosary Bowl to Fill the Nation with Prayer on August 21-25 in the Capital - Ottawa
- What is the Eucharist or Communion? 5 Points on the Eucharist to Share from the Bible and Catechism
- A Growing Community - St. Mother Teresa Syro-Malabar Catholic Church is Filled with Joy!
- New US Government Report Released on International Religious Freedom - Ambassador Brownback explains - Video
- #BreakingNews over 200,000 people at March for Life in Poland - Annual Pro-Life March in 130 Cities
- Wow Nearly 3 Million people at Uganda, Martyrs' Day in Africa - with Pilgrims from around the World!