- Powerful Novena to the Most Holy Trinity with Litany and Chaplet Prayers to Share!
- What is the Holy Trinity - 10 Points you Need to Know about the Trinity from the Catechism, Bible and History
- Dear Reader your Kind Assistance is Needed - Please consider any Donation we Need you Help!
- #BreakingNews over 200,000 people at March for Life in Poland - Annual Pro-Life March in 130 Cities
- Pope Francis at Pentecost Mass says " Holy Spirit, our harmony,...infuse your peace in the Church and in the world." Full Text Homily
- Top Hymns to the Holy Spirit for Pentecost to Share - Wow Breathtaking Music
- #BreakingNews Join Religious Freedom Week - Free Resources for Churches from US Bishops - Full Text
- Wow Nearly 3 Million people at Uganda, Martyrs' Day in Africa - with Pilgrims from around the World!
- #BreakingNews Christians are undergoing a Genocide as Revealed in New report by BBC
Thursday, April 5, 2018
Pope Francis Prays for Little Alfie Evans who is to be Removed from Life Support despite Parents Pleas
“It is my sincere hope that everything necessary may be done in order to continue compassionately accompanying little Alfie Evans, and that the deep suffering of his parents may be heard.”
Pope Francis said he is “praying for Alfie, for his family and for all who are involved.” Alfie has been on life support at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital since December 2016. Doctors at Alder Hey have voiced their opinion that it was in Alfie’s best interests to stop “mechanical ventilation”. Alfie’s parents, Kate James and Tom Evans, fought for the right to keep him alive, taking their case to the courts. An English High Court ruled on March 6th that he should only receive palliative care. The Supreme Court upheld that decision, and the European Court of Human Rights refused to examine the case. Life support is probably scheduled to be removed soon. The courts have also rejected the request of his parents to move him to another hospital. Two other English babies, Charlie Gard and Isaiah Haastrup, died after their life support was removed on 28 July 2017 and 7 March 2018, respectively. People around the world have come out in support of Alfie’s cause through prayer, petitions, and demonstrations. Alfie’s parents had pleaded with the Pope to help. With his Tweet,