Pope Francis Brings 7 People Closer to Becoming Saints - Including a Missionary Sister to China and a Martyr of Peru
On 22 May 2021, the Holy Father Francis received in audience His Eminence Most Reverend Cardinal Marcello Semeraro, Prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints.
During the audience, the Supreme Pontiff authorized the same Congregation to promulgate the decrees concerning:
- the martyrdom of the Servant of God Maria Agostina Rivas López, known as Aguchita (born Antonia Luzmila), a professed religious of the Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd; born in Coracora (Peru) on June 13, 1920 and killed, in hatred of the Faith, in La Florida (Peru) on September 27, 1990;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Felice Canelli, diocesan priest; born in San Severo (Italy) on 14 October 1880 and died there on 23 November 1977;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Bernard of the Mother of Beautiful Love (born Sigismondo Kryszkiewicz), professed priest of the Congregation of the Passion of Jesus Christ; born in Mława (Poland) on 2 May 1915 and died in Przasnysz (Poland) on 7 July 1945;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Mariano Gazpio Ezcurra, professed priest of the Order of the Augustinian Recollects; born in Puente la Reina (Spain) on 18 December 1899 and died in Pamplona (Spain) on 22 September 1989;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Colomba di Gesù Ostia (born Anna Antonietta Mezzacapo), Prioress of the Monastery of Santa Teresa delle Carmelitane Scalze di “Marcianise”; born in Marcianise (Italy) on June 15, 1914 and died there on August 13, 1969;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Antonia Lesino, of the secular Institute known as the “Little Franciscan Family”; born in Milan (Italy) on 11 October 1897 and died in Brescia (Italy) on 24 February 1962;
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Alessandro Bálint, Lay, Father of a family; born in Szeged-Alsóváros (now Hungary) on 1 August 1904 and died in Budapest (Hungary) on 10 May 1980.
FULL TEXT Source: https://press.vatican.va/content/salastampa/it/bollettino/pubblico/2021/05/22/0319/00705.html - Unofficial Translation