Pope Francis Authorizes Decrees Affirming a Miracle of a Capuchin Nun and Brings 5 People Closer to Becoming Saints
Promulgation of Decrees of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, 18.02.2022
During the audience granted today to His Eminence Most Reverend Cardinal Marcello Semeraro, Prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, the Supreme Pontiff authorized the same Congregation to promulgate the decrees concerning:
- the miracle attributed to the intercession of the Venerable Servant of God Maria Costanza Panas (born Agnese Pacifica), professed nun of the Capuchin Poor Clares of the Fabriano Monastery; born on 5 January 1896 in Alano di Piave (Italy) and died on 28 May 1963 in Fabriano (Italy);
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Edoardo Francesco Pironio, Cardinal of the Holy Roman Church; born on 3 December 1920 in Nueve de Julio (Argentina) and died on 5 February 1998 in Rome (Italy);
- the heroic virtues of the Immaculate Servant of God Joseph of Jesus (born Aldo Brienza), professed religious of the Order of Discalced Carmelites; born on 15 August 1922 in Campobasso (Italy) and died there on 13 April 1989;
- the heroic virtues of the Benign Servant of God Victim of Jesus (in the world: Maria Concetta Santos), professed religious of the Congregation of the Helpful Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy; born on 16 August 1907 in Diamantina (Brazil) and died on 16 October 1981 in Belo Horizonte (Brazil);
- the heroic virtues of the Servant of God Giovanna Méndez Romero (known as Juanita ), a professed religious of the Congregation of the Workers of the Heart of Jesus; she was born on 9 January 1937 in Villanueva de Córdoba (Spain) and died there on 5 April 1990.