Luke 12: 39 - 48
But know this, that if the householder had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have left his house to be broken into.
You also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an unexpected hour."
Peter said, "Lord, are you telling this parable for us or for all?"
And the Lord said, "Who then is the faithful and wise steward, whom his master will set over his household, to give them their portion of food at the proper time?
Blessed is that servant whom his master when he comes will find so doing.
Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions.
But if that servant says to himself, `My master is delayed in coming,' and begins to beat the menservants and the maidservants, and to eat and drink and get drunk,
the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will punish him, and put him with the unfaithful.
And that servant who knew his master's will, but did not make ready or act according to his will, shall receive a severe beating.
But he who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, shall receive a light beating. Every one to whom much is given, of him will much be required; and of him to whom men commit much they will demand the more.
Catholic News World
- Holy Mass Online - Readings and Video : Monday, May 25, 2020 - #Eucharist in Eastertide - Your Virtual Church
- Wow Former Doctor turned Dominican Seminarian Returns to Hospital to Work putting Priestly Studies on Hold
- Why is May the Month of Mary - Free Resources - FAQ about Blessed Mary to Share!
- Pope Francis writes Letter Encouraging Everyone to Pray the Rosary while "contemplating the face of Christ" Full Text with Special Prayers
- Novena to St. Joseph - Miracle Prayer for Work and other Special Prayers
- Wow Latest Statistics show Percentage of Catholics in the World has Grown to 1.329 Billion People Globally
- Donate Today! SCROLL down to Read all the New Stories - Newspaper format - Donations are Welcome!