Agenzia Fides report - Sister Clecensia Kapuli, a 50-year-old Tanzanian nun of the Congregation of the Diocese of Mbeya "Our Lady Queen of Apostols, was killed on June 23 during a street robbery in Dar es Salaam, the Country's economic capital. "Sister Clecensia had just left the bank with an amount of money needed to pay the workers who are renovating the secondary school run by her congregation, of which she was the treasurer", local Church sources told Fides. ( PHOTO | MICHAEL MATEMANGA )
"The car in which the religious woman, another sister and the driver were travelling was stopped near a crowded bus station by four armed men. It is not sure what happened. The fact is that the criminals shot and killed the nun and injured the driver. The other sister was able to escape", the sources told Fides.
"The criminals escaped with a sum of money. Police have also launched investigations to see if the robbers had accomplices who informed them on the nun’s movements", concludes our source. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 25/06/2014)
Catholic News World
- Holy Mass Online - Readings and Video : Monday, May 25, 2020 - #Eucharist in Eastertide - Your Virtual Church
- Wow Former Doctor turned Dominican Seminarian Returns to Hospital to Work putting Priestly Studies on Hold
- Why is May the Month of Mary - Free Resources - FAQ about Blessed Mary to Share!
- Pope Francis writes Letter Encouraging Everyone to Pray the Rosary while "contemplating the face of Christ" Full Text with Special Prayers
- Novena to St. Joseph - Miracle Prayer for Work and other Special Prayers
- Wow Latest Statistics show Percentage of Catholics in the World has Grown to 1.329 Billion People Globally
- Donate Today! SCROLL down to Read all the New Stories - Newspaper format - Donations are Welcome!