Agenzia Fides report - Sister Clecensia Kapuli, a 50-year-old Tanzanian nun of the Congregation of the Diocese of Mbeya "Our Lady Queen of Apostols, was killed on June 23 during a street robbery in Dar es Salaam, the Country's economic capital. "Sister Clecensia had just left the bank with an amount of money needed to pay the workers who are renovating the secondary school run by her congregation, of which she was the treasurer", local Church sources told Fides. ( PHOTO | MICHAEL MATEMANGA )
"The car in which the religious woman, another sister and the driver were travelling was stopped near a crowded bus station by four armed men. It is not sure what happened. The fact is that the criminals shot and killed the nun and injured the driver. The other sister was able to escape", the sources told Fides.
"The criminals escaped with a sum of money. Police have also launched investigations to see if the robbers had accomplices who informed them on the nun’s movements", concludes our source. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 25/06/2014)
- Pope Francis says "This is how one becomes a true disciple of Jesus....: "Be merciful, as your Father is merciful" Full Text
- Happy Birthday JCE Catholic News World! 10 Year Anniversary of Catholic News reaching 200 Countries!
- Wow a Rosary Bowl to Fill the Nation with Prayer on August 21-25 in the Capital - Ottawa
- What is the Eucharist or Communion? 5 Points on the Eucharist to Share from the Bible and Catechism
- A Growing Community - St. Mother Teresa Syro-Malabar Catholic Church is Filled with Joy!
- New US Government Report Released on International Religious Freedom - Ambassador Brownback explains - Video
- #BreakingNews over 200,000 people at March for Life in Poland - Annual Pro-Life March in 130 Cities
- Wow Nearly 3 Million people at Uganda, Martyrs' Day in Africa - with Pilgrims from around the World!