Birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, took human flesh in the womb of the Virgin Mary, and being made man, was born, for the redemption of mankind, at Bethlehem of Judea. Joseph and Mary had come up to Bethlehem to be enrolled, and, unable to find shelter elsewhere, they took refuge in a stable. The Blessed Virgin gave birth and wrapped the Infant in swaddling-clothes, and laid Him in the manger. Poor shepherds were seized with great fear, when heavenly messengers said to them: "Fear not: for behold I bring you good tidings of exceeding great joy, that shall be to all the people. For this day is born to you a Saviour, Who is Christ the Lord, in the city of David. And this shall be a sign to you: you shall find the Child wrapped in swaddling-clothes, and laid in a manger." The shepherds said to one another: "Let us go over to Bethlehem, and let us see the word that is come to pass, which the Lord hath shown to us." They found Mary and Joseph, and the Infant lying in the manger.
Catholic News World
- US Bishops Promote 9 Days for Life Prayers : January 21-29, 2020 with Free Resources - Pro-Life Prayers
- Wow Alex Trebek of 'Jeopardy' receives Catholic Award saying "If there's one thing I have discovered...it is (the) power of prayer"
- Week of Prayer for Christian Unity January 18-25 - Promoted by Bishops and Vatican - Free Resources - #ChristianUnity
- Happy New Year! 10 Easy Ways to make 2020 Peaceful! - Share and Change the World!
- Wow Thousands of University Students in Phoenix learn Evangelization from FOCUS with Nuncio, a Cardinal, Matt Maher and more! - Video
- SCROLL down to Read all the New Stories - Newspaper format - Donations are Welcome!