Agenzia Fides report - "The results of the first round of presidential elections will probably only be tomorrow or Sunday, for now those that are announced are the result of rumors, more or less consistent" say local sources from Cairo to Fides where, according to what was announced by the Muslim Brotherhood, a second ballot between their candidate Mohammed Mursi, and the former Prime Minister Hosni Mubarak, Ahmed Shafiq, considered close to the military leadership is expected.
"The thing certain is about the turnout at the polls" stress Fides sources. "Out of approximately 50 million entitled to vote, only half voted, about 25 million electors. These 25 million are not representative of a population of 86 million inhabitants. What impressed was to see that in the long lines of voters waiting to vote there were few young people, although Egypt is a young Country. "One thing to reflect on if one thinks that it was the young people who were the protagonists of the uprising last year that led to Hosni Mubarak’s downfall. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 25/5/2012)
- Pope Francis tells Augustinians "Prayer and penance do not cease to be the cornerstones on which Christian witness is based..." Full Text
- Litany to the Holy Name of Mary and Powerful Prayers to Share honoring Mary with Indulgences
- Canadian Bishops Issue Catholic Voting Guide saying "The principles of respect for life from conception to natural death and of the dignity of the human person should influence how Christians..."
- Wow 1 Million at Mass with Pope Francis who says “As believers, we must stretch out our hands, as Jesus does with us”. Full Text Homily + Video
- #BreakingNews Massive Pro-Life March in Northern Ireland with 20,000 from all Religions defending Unborn Babies - Video
- Pope Francis says "...God's presence in the midst of his poor..." at "City of Friendship" built on Dumpsters with housing for 25,000 people Founded by his former Student
- #BreakingNews Crowds of Children and Students form Human Chain in Hong Kong in ongoing Protests - Watch Video
- Crowd of Nuns Full of Joy to meet Pope Francis who says with these little acts of love that “God saves the world” in Madagascar
- Quote to SHARE by St. Augustine “If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.”
- BE KIND and DONATE Today! It's now Easier - just CLICK this Link - to help Catholic News World - Reaching over 200 Countries!
- 1st Rosary Bowl in the Nation's Capital with 4 Bishops, many Priests, Religious Sisters and hundreds of Laity including Youth -
- US Bishops' Chairmen Call for Change in Language and Rhetoric of All Americans - Full Text
- Head of Polish Bishops' Conference warning of LGBT "Respect for specified individuals cannot, however, lead to the acceptance of an ideology..."
- #BreakingNews US Bishops call for "responsible gun laws" after 250th Mass Shooting - Full Text