- Queenship of Mary in Ottawa at Mass in Blessed Sacrament Parish with Archbishop Prendergast and Newly professed Sisters
- 1st Rosary Bowl in the Nation's Capital with 4 Bishops, many Priests, Religious Sisters and hundreds of Laity including Youth -
- Watch Archbishop holds Adoration in Notre Dame Cathedral and Catholic Priests pray with Laity outside during Satanic Mass - Video
- US Bishops' Chairmen Call for Change in Language and Rhetoric of All Americans - Full Text
- Head of Polish Bishops' Conference warning of LGBT "Respect for specified individuals cannot, however, lead to the acceptance of an ideology..."
- Breaking : Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin Signs 4 Enacted Pro-Life Bills - Protecting Babies with Heartbeats
- Be Kind - Donate Today! It's now Easier - just CLICK this Link - to help Catholic News World - Reaching over 200 Countries!
- Wow Knights of Columbus hold 137th Annual Convention - Reports $185.7 Million Donated to Charities
- US Fellowship of Catholic Scholars Conference in Canada - Register for Goodness, Truth and Beauty ... and the Encounter With Evil
- Wow ESPN story on Basketball Star Shelly Pennefather who left $200K contract to be a Cloistered Nun
- #BreakingNews US Bishops call for "responsible gun laws" after 250th Mass Shooting - Full Text
Thursday, May 24, 2012
AFRICA : MOZAMBIQUE : NEW MATERNITY WARD FOR AFRICA DAY
Agenzia Fides REPORT - Of the 10 countries where 60% of maternal deaths are associated with pregnancy and childbirth, 5 are African: Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo, Sudan, Ethiopia and Tanzania. On the occasion of the upcoming Africa Day, the Spanish Catholic organization Manos Unidas wants to give a positive connotation to this event: the presentation of the first children born in the maternity ward of the health center Estaquinha in the region of Sofala, north of Mozambique. The objective is to ensure continuity in the program ESMABAMA, operating since 2003 in the mission of Estaquinha, one of 4 that is already working, which offers total health care in the region. Thanks to this project it was possible to establish a new center, fully operational, which has all the necessary means to treat most common illnesses in the area such as malaria, tuberculosis, respiratory diseases, diarrhea and AIDS. With the new maternity ward the health program is complete. In many rural areas of Africa for many women motherhood involves a risk to their health and that of their children. The establishment of a ward like that of Estaquinha, together with the preparation of qualified personnel, training of women and pregnancy under supervision, is the key to give women a safe pregnancy. ESMABAMA also contributes to the education of children in the area, agricultural production and improving the health conditions of the population. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 24/5/2012)