Vatican Announces Public Consistory on Causes of Canonization for 7 Blesseds Including Fr. Charles de Foucauld and an Indian Hindu Convert Blessed Lazarus
OFFICE OF THE LITURGICAL CELEBRATIONS OF THE HIGH PONTIFF
PUBLIC ORDINARY CONSISTORY FOR VOTING ON CERTAIN CAUSES OF CANONIZATION
On Monday 3 May 2021, at 10 am, in the Consistory Hall of the Vatican Apostolic Palace, the Holy Father Francis will preside over the celebration of the Third Hour and the Ordinary Public Consistory for the Canonization of the Blessed:
- Blessed Lazarus, called Devasahayam , lay person, martyr;
- Blessed César de Bus , priest, founder of the Congregation of the Fathers of Christian Doctrine;
- Blessed Luigi Maria Palazzolo , priest, founder of the Institute of the Poverelle Sisters - Istituto Palazzolo;
- Blessed Giustino Maria Russolillo , priest, founder of the Society of Divine Vocations and of the Congregation of the Sisters of Divine Vocations;
- Blessed Charles de Foucauld , diocesan priest;
- Blessed Maria Francesca di Gesù (in the world: Anna Maria Rubatto ), founder of the Capuchin Tertiary Sisters of Loano;
- Blessed Maria Domenica Mantovani , co-founder and first Superior General of the Institute of the Little Sisters of the Holy Family.
* * *
The Cardinals residing or present in Rome on the day of the Consistory are requested to be in the Sala del Concistororo of the Apostolic Palace at 9.30 am, wearing the choir habit.
Please confirm participation via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or the number: 06.69883253.
Vatican City, April 26, 2021
By mandate of the Holy Father
Mons. Guido Marini Master of Pontifical Liturgical Celebrations