1st Wednesday Devotion St Joseph Prayer + 10 Promises for Honoring the Heart of St Joseph from Church Approved Apparition
Did you know that the First Wednesday of every month is dedicated in devotion to the Most Chaste Heart of St. Joseph and it comes from Church-approved apparitions in Itapiranga, Brazil and the United States. The apparitions were approved by a Bishop Dom Carillo Gritti in 2010 and the Feast is usually celebrated on the first Wednesday after the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus..PRAYER TO THE CHASTE HEART OF ST. JOSEPH
by José Rodrigues, author of THE BOOK OF JOSEPH
Hail, Most Chaste Heart of St. Joseph, beating with love for the God who created you! Hail, Virginal Heart, lover of the Immaculate Heart of Mary! Hail, Paternal Heart, whose beating comforts the Sacred Heart of Jesus! Hail, you who are the Reflection of God the Father, Guardian of God the Son, Friend of God the Holy Spirit, and Spouse of the Immaculate Handmaiden!
Most Chaste Heart of St. Joseph, beloved by God and His angels, I consecrate this day to your honor! In you I confide my joys and my sorrows, my pains and my pleasures. I know that you are always delighted to pour forth your graces to those who ask for them with confidence.
Therefore, confident in your goodness, I entrust myself, and the following person(s) to your care: name(s). I ask that you please grant us the graces we need in order to become faithful reflections of you. I pray that you shower upon us all the graces necessary for our spiritual and temporal welfare. And I pray that you grant the Holy Catholic Church, our Mother, every available grace to bring about Her glorious triumph! All for love of the two greatest treasures entrusted to your care: The Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. + Amen.
Here are the conditions:
Confession: This confession can be made 9 days before or after the First Wednesday, provided that Holy Communion be received in the state of grace.
Holy Communion: Offer your First Wednesday Mass and Communion in honor of St. Joseph, for the salvation of the dying, most especially for an undying sinner who is to lose his soul without the grace of final repentance.
The Ten Promises:
to those who are devoted to the Most Chaste Heart of St. Joseph
1. I promise to all that honor this Most Chaste Heart of mine, and who do here on earth good deeds in favor of the most needy, especially of the sick and dying for whom I am a consoler and protector, to receive in their last moment of their lives the grace of a good death. I myself will be to these souls their petitioner to my Son Jesus and, together with my spouse, Most Holy Mary, we will console them in their last hours here on earth with our holy presence, and they will rest in the peace of our Hearts.
2. I promise to all the faithful that honor my Most Chaste Heart with faith and love, the grace to live with holy purity of soul and body and the strength to resist all attacks and temptations by the Devil. I myself will preciously protect you.
3. I promise to intercede before God for those who come to me, honoring this Heart of mine. I will give them the graces to be able to resolve the most difficult problems and urgent necessities, that to the eyes of man seem impossible, but that, through my intercession to God, will be possible.
4. I promise all who will trust in my Most Chaste Heart, devoutly honoring it, the grace to be consoled by me in their greatest afflictions of the soul and in the danger of judgment, when by misfortune lose divine grace because of their grave sins. To these sinners, who have recourse to me, I promise the graces of my Heart for the purpose of amendment, of repentance and of sincere contrition of their sins.
5. To all who honor this Heart of mine and trust in me and in my intercession, I promise they will not be abandoned in their difficulties and in the trials of life. I will ask Our Lord to help them with his Divine Providence in their material and spiritual problems.
6. Mothers and fathers – consecrate yourselves to my Heart, likewise your families, and you will receive my help in your afflictions and problems. Just as I brought up the Son of the Most Hight in his holy laws, I will assist you with the upbringing and education of your children. I will help all fathers and mothers that consecrate their children to me, to bring them up with love in the holy laws of God, so they may find the secure road to salvation.
7. So then, my son, tell all those that honor this Chaste Heart of mine they will receive the grace of my protection from all evils and dangers. For those who surrender to me will not be slaughtered by misfortunes, by wars, hunger, by diseases and other calamities, they will have my Heart as a refuge for their protection. Here, in my Heart, all will be protected against the divine justice in the days that will come. All who consecrate themselves to my Heart, honoring it, they will be looked upon by my Son Jesus with eyes of mercy. Jesus will pour out his love and will take to the glory of his Kingdom all those I put in my Heart.
8. All those who propagate the devotion to my Heart, and practice it with love, have the certainty of having their names engraved on it just as my Son Jesus’ cross and the “M” of Mary are engraved on it, as formed by wounds. This also applies for all priests whom I love with predilection. The priests who have a devotion to my Heart and spread it will have the grace of touching the most hardened hearts and convert obstinate sinners.
9. All who honor the Most Chaste Heart of St. Joseph will benefit with my maternal presence in their lives in a special way. I will be at the side of each son and daughter of mine, helping and comforting them with a mothers’ Heart, just as I helped and comforted my Most Chase Spouse Joseph in this world. To those who ask of his Heart with trust, I promise to intercede before the Eternal Father, my Divine Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I will obtain for them, from God, the grace to reach perfect sanctity in the virtues of St. Joseph, this way reaching the perfect love in which he lived. Men will learn to love my Son Jesus and myself with the same love as my Most Chaste Spouse Joseph, receiving the most pure love from our Hearts.
10. All who will honor my Virginal Father Joseph’s Most Chaste Heart, will receive at the hour of death the grace to resist the schemes of the enemy of salvation, receiving victory and the deserved recompense in the Kingdom of my Heavenly Father. Those who devoutly honor this Chaste Heart in this world have the certainty of receiving great glory in Heaven. The devoted souls of my Virginal Father Joseph will benefit from the beatific vision of the Holy Trinity and will have the profound knowledge of the One Triune God, the thrice Holy. They will enjoy the presence of my Heavenly Mother and my Virginal Father Joseph in the heavenly Kingdom. These souls will be loved by the Holy Trinity and by my Holy Mother Mary and will encircle the Most Chaste Heart of my Virginal Father Joseph like the most beautiful of lilies.
Edited from https://stfrancisnewtonparish.com/nine-first-wednesdays-dedicated-to-st-joseph/ with Prayer from The Book of Joseph