Catholic News World
- Pope Francis says "As we begin the New Year, may we discover anew that faith demands worship...Worship means putting the Lord at the centre..." at Epiphany Mass - Full Text
- Happy New Year! 10 Easy Ways to make 2020 Peaceful! - Share and Change the World!
- Thousands of University Students in Phoenix learn Evangelization from FOCUS with Nuncio, a Cardinal, Matt Maher and more! - Video
- US Bishops' President Archbishop José H. Gomez says "We pray for peace in our hearts and peace in our world. We pray for the conversion of every heart that hates..." Full Text
- SCROLL down to Read all the New Stories - Newspaper format - Donations are Welcome!
Friday, December 22, 2017
Pope Francis receives the New US Ambassador to the Holy See - Mrs. Callista Gingrich who was appointed by Pres. Trump
The new U.S. Ambassador to the Holy See, Callista L. Gingrich, presented her credential letters to Pope Francis on Friday morning.
The ceremony took place in the Vatican’s Apostolic Palace. Her main responsibility as Ambassador will be to serve as the liaison between the Holy See and the U.S. Government. Ms. Gingrich was nominated to the post by U.S. President Donald Trump in May and confirmed by the Senate on 16 October.
A communiqué released by the U.S. Embassy to the Holy See provides a brief biography: Ambassador-Designate Gingrich is the former President and CEO of Gingrich Productions, a multimedia production and consulting company in Arlington, Virginia. She is the author of the “Ellis the Elephant” children’s American history series and co-author of “Rediscovering God in America.” Ms. Gingrich is also the producer of several historical documentary films. She has sung for two decades with the Choir of the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. Previously, Ms. Gingrich served as a congressional aide in the U.S. House of Representatives and as the President of The Gingrich Foundation, which supports charitable causes.