Catholic News World
- #BreakingNews Hundreds of Thousands at MARCH FOR LIFE in Washington - USA with President Trump - Video
- Latest Statistics show the Catholic Faith in South Korea Grew from 3.9 to 5.86 Million People
- Happy New Year! 10 Easy Ways to make 2020 Peaceful! - Share and Change the World!
- Wow Thousands of University Students in Phoenix learn Evangelization from FOCUS with Nuncio, a Cardinal, Matt Maher and more! - Video
- SCROLL down to Read all the New Stories - Newspaper format - Donations are Welcome!
Sunday, June 29, 2014
1. Msgr. Victor Henry THAKUR, Archbishop of Raipur (India)
2. Msgr. José Rafael QUIRÓS QUIRÓS, Archbishop of San José de Costa Rica (Costa Rica)
3. Msgr. Giuseppe FIORINI MOROSINI, O.M., Archbishop of the region of Calabria-Bova (Italy)
4. Msgr. Leo W. CUSHLEY, Archbishop of Saint Andrews and Edinburgh (Scotland)
5. Msgr. Jaime SPENGLER, O.F.M., Archbishop of Porto Alegre (Brazil)
6. Msgr. Jean-Luc BOUILLERET, Archbishop of Besançon (France)
7. Msgr. Leonard Paul BLAIR, Archbishop of Hartford (U.S.A.)
8. Msgr. Gabriel ‘Leke ABEGUNRIN, Archbishop of Ibadan (Nigeria)
9. Msgr. Sebastian Francis SHAW, O.F.M., Archbishop of Lahore (Pakistan)
10. Msgr. Franz LACKNER, O.F.M., Archbishop of Salzburg (Austria)
11. Msgr. Thomas Luke MSUSA, S.M.M., Archbishop of Blantyre (Malawi)
12. Msgr. Benjamin Marc Balthason RAMAROSON, C.M., Archbishop of Antsiranana (Madagascar) 13. Msgr. René Osvaldo REBOLLEDO SALINAS, Archbishop of La Serena (Chile)
14. Msgr. Marlo M. PERALTA, Archbishop of Nueva Segovia (The Philippines)
15. Msgr. Emmanuel OBBO, Archbishop of Tororo (Uganda)
16. Msgr. Daniel Fernando STURLA BERHOUET, S.D.B., Archbishop of Montevideo (Uruguay)
17. Msgr. Marco ARNOLFO, Archbishop of Vercelli (Italy)
18. Msgr. Damian Denis DALLU, Archbishop of Songea (Tanzania)
19. Msgr. Romulo T. DE LA CRUZ, Archbishop of Zamboanga (The Philippines)
20. Msgr. Malcolm Patrick McMAHON, O.P., Archbishop of Liverpool (England)
21. Msgr. Paul BÙI VN OC, Archbishop of Thành-Phô Hô Chí Minh, Hôchiminh Ville (Vietnam)
22. Msgr. Wojciech POLAK, Archbishop of Gniezno (Poland)
23. Msgr. José Luiz Majella DELGADO, C.SS.R., Archbishop of Pouso Alegre (Brazil)
24.Msgr. Agustinus AGUS, Archbishop of Pontianak (Indonesia)
Archbishops who won't be present at the ceremony:
25. Msgr. Tarcisius Gervazio ZIYAYE, Archbishop of Lilongwe (Malawi)
26. Msgr. Nicholas MANG THANG, Archbishop of Mandalay (Burma)
27. Msgr. Stephan BURGER, Archbishop of Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany)
Pope Pius VI., by a Rescript of July 28, 1778, issued through the Segretaria of the memorials, granted -
i. An indulgence of 100 days to all the faithful who, being contrite, shall say at least once a day the following prayer, with one Pater, Ave, and Gloria, in honour of the blessed Apostles Peter and Paul.
ii. A plenary indulgence, on all Feasts of SS. Peter and Paul, provided that, after Confession and Communion, they shall on such feast-day itself, or one of the nine days preceding it, or eight days following it, visit a church or altar dedicated to those Saints, saying there the following prayer, and remembering the Holy Church and its Sovereign Pontiff.
O blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, I, NN., elect you this day for my special protectors and advocates with God. In all humility I rejoice with thee, blessed Peter, Prince of the Apostles, because thou art the rock whereon God hath built his Church; and I rejoice with thee too, blessed Paul, because thou wast chosen of God for a Vessel of election, and a preacher of the truth throughout the world. Obtain for me, I beseech you both, a lively faith, firm hope, and perfect charity, entire detachment from myself, contempt of the world, patience in adversity, humility in prosperity, attention in prayer, purity of heart, right intention in my works, diligence in the fulfilment of all the duties of my state of life, constancy in my good resolutions, resignation to the holy will of God, perseverance in Divine grace unto death; that, having overcome by your joint intercession and your glorious merits, the temptations of the world, the flesh, and the devil, I may be made worthy to appear before the face of the chief and eternal Bishop of Souls, Jesus Christ our Lord, to enjoy Him and to love Him for all eternity, who with the Father and the Holy Ghost liveth and reigneth ever world without end. Amen.
Pater, Ave, and Gloria
or 1 Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be