VIRGIN AND MARTYR
Feast: December 4
Catholic News World
- Wow Alex Trebek of 'Jeopardy' receives Catholic Award saying "If there's one thing I have discovered...it is (the) power of prayer"
- Pope Francis says "..Jews and Christians, have a rich common spiritual patrimony that we should increasingly discover..." Full Text
- Week of Prayer for Christian Unity January 18-25 - Promoted by Bishops and Vatican - Free Resources - #ChristianUnity
- Happy New Year! 10 Easy Ways to make 2020 Peaceful! - Share and Change the World!
- Wow Thousands of University Students in Phoenix learn Evangelization from FOCUS with Nuncio, a Cardinal, Matt Maher and more! - Video
- SCROLL down to Read all the New Stories - Newspaper format - Donations are Welcome!
Sunday, December 3, 2017
Saint December 4 : St. Barbara : Patron of Mathematicians, Miners, Military engineers, lightning, Sudden death
#PopeFrancis "Advent is the time that is given to us to welcome the Lord who comes to meet us, to verify our desire for God..." FULL TEXT + Video - Angelus
1. ADVENT comes from the Latin ad-venio, meaning to come to.
2. Advent is a period beginning with the Sunday nearest to the feast of St. Andrew the Apostle (30 November) and involving four Sundays. The first Sunday may be as early as 27 November, and then Advent has twenty-eight days, or as late as 3 December, giving the season only twenty-one days.
3. With Advent the ecclesiastical year begins in the Western churches. During this time the faithful are admonished
- to prepare themselves worthily to celebrate the anniversary of the Lord's coming into the world as the incarnate God of love,
- thus to make their souls fitting abodes for the Redeemer coming in Holy Communion and through grace, and
- thereby to make themselves ready for His final coming as judge, at death and at the end of the world.
- FOR NOVENA PRAYERS AND MORE LIKE US ON FACEBOOK NOW
Duration and ritualIn the Massthe Gloria in excelsis is not said. The Alleluia, however, is retained. During this time the solemnization of matrimony Benediction) cannot take place; which prohibition binds to the feast of Epiphany inclusively. The celebrant and sacred ministers use violet vestments. An exception is made for the third Sunday (Gaudete Sunday), on which the vestments may be rose-coloured. Flowers and relics of Saints are not to be placed on the altars during the Office and Masses of this time, except on the third Sunday.
The preparation for the feast of the Nativity of Our Lord was not held before the feast itself existed, and of this we find no evidence before the end of the fourth century, when, according to Duchesne [Christian Worship (London, 1904), 260], it was celebrated throughout the whole Church, Several synods had made laws about fasting to be observed during this time,.
Here is the drama of GRACE, GUTS AND GLORY - The Life of St. Francis Xavier, in English
FOR AMAZING FREE MOVIES LIKE US ON FACEBOOK NOWA film on the life of Saint Francis Xavier of Goa (1506-1552), the apostle to India, Indonesia and Japan. A great miracle worker (resurrected people from the dead, communicated after death etc.) He died in China. One of the greatest Catholic saints of all times, whose body remains incorrupt (does not disintegrate) since the 16th century and is kept in the Catholic Cathedral in Goa, India. Saint Francis Xavier was Spanish Jesuit, follower of Saint Ignatius of Loyola. Modern Pope Francis is also Jesuit.
Please find the full text below of the Interview of Pope Francis from Bangladesh- Text Source Radio Vaticana:
Greg Burke: Thank you, Holy Father. First of all, thanks. You have chosen two interesting countries to visit. Two very different countries but with something in common, that is, in each of these countries is a small but very active Church, full of joy, full of young people and full of the spirit of service for all of society. We certainly have seen a lot, we have learned a lot, but we’re interested also in what you have seen and what you have learned.